>> Sunday, July 26, 2009
Most of us comfort dish would be simple dal curry. And this is one among my comfort dish with little twist which is healthy and nutricious. While recollecting & renewing our ancient dishes, this reminds me first. Taste of drumstick leaves in the dal with the indian seasonings makes this curry yummy :)
- Drumstick keera (leaves) - handful
- Toor dal - 1/2 cup
- A pinch of hing
- Garlic - 1 pod
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tbsp
- Fenurgreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp ( as per ur spice level)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sambar powder - 1 tbsp
- Coconut pieces - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Directions to cook :
£ Pressure cook the toor dal, turmeric powder, garlic & hing. Once cool, smash them & keep aside.£ Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, fenugreek seeds & drumstick leaves.
£ Add chilly powder, sambar powder & chopped coconut pieces. Cook them until done.Serve them warm with rice.
My award time :)Thanks preethi for thinking about me & passing this award to me. I am really honoured. U r sooo sweet :)
The rules for this award are :
- You must thank the person who has given you the award.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
- Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
- Be happy & make others happy - That's what I try to do :)
- Like to browse & try lotz of new dishes to achieve this month target of increasing my hubby weight to cope up with me.
- I try to be more creative which becomes my dream next day.
- Like to see the giggling childs laugh.
- Like to do window shopping even daily.
- Like to give more surprise to my hubby - Just like that :)