>> Monday, April 27, 2009
For the cake :
- All purpose flour - 500 gms
- Butter - 250 gms
- Sugar - 300 gms
- Eggs - 4 nos
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 glass of Sour cherries (I use canned stuff)
- Cocoa powder - 1 tsp
Vanilla cream :
- Vanilla pudding - 2 1/2 packet
- Butter - 125 gms
- Sugar - 8 tbsp
- Milk (or) soya milk - 1 litre
Chocolate glaze :
- 250 gms semi sweet chocolate
- 30 gms butter
- 200 gms whipped cream (optional)
Directions to bake :
Baking a cake :
# Heat oven to 200 C & grease the 26 cm baking pan with a parchment paper.
# Sieve the flour, baking powder & set aside.
# Cream the butter, vanilla essence & sugar till light & gradually add the egg & beat until fluffy.
# Add the flour mixture & mix well.
# Divide the batter into two equal parts. Add cocoa powder to half part of the cake batter.
# First spread the white batter evenly in the baking pan. Next, top them with the chocoate batter evenly.
# Insert the drained cherries on top & push them halfway into the cake batter.
# Bake them for 20 to 25 min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle & comes out clean.
Cool the bake.
For the vanilla cream :
# Combine all the ingredients except butter & bring it to boil. Let cool & finally add the butter & whisk till nicely combined.
(Simple follow the instructions given in the pudding packet)
For the chocolate glaze :
# Melt the chocolate along with the butter. Once cool add the whipped cream.
Assembling the cake :
# Layer the cake as the bottom part.
# Top the vanilla pudding over them as the second layer.
# Finally, spread the chocolate glaze on the top & using the fork, draw some waves very carefully without mixing the chocolate with the pudding layer.
- Cake batter will be very thick. I prefer using pipping bags to spread them in the baking pans.
- Before spreading the chocolate glaze over the pudding layer. Refrigerate the cake, so that pudding will be set.
- Cool the chocolate glaze & then pour them over the pudding layer. If u r not confident in drawing waves, u can leave it.