>> Friday, April 17, 2009
Cake baking is a wonderfully rewarding skill, and one that many of us have enjoyed from an early age. Many people remember helping mum or grandma in the kitchen, stirring the cake mixture and being lucky enough to lick the spoon or blow at the end of the mixing !
Caraway seed cake is very simple with limited ingredients & it taste awesome. U can feel the taste of seed dominating the whole cake.
- All purpose flour - 1 1/3 cups
- Corn flour - 3 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Butter - 200 gms
- Sugar - 200 gms
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- Eggs - 3 nos
- Hot water - 2 tsp
- Caraway seeds - 1 tbsp
- # Sieve all the dry ingredients together (Flour, corn flour, baking powder)
- # Cream the butter and sugar, stir in the grated lemon zest.
- # Beat the eggs till light and fluffy & add them to the butter mixture.
- # Fold the flour to the butter mixture gently (Use 8 stroke)
- # Pour hot water over caraway seeds and add to the cake mixture.
Happy baking :)