>> Sunday, May 10, 2009
I like baking & thats my hobby tooo. Molten chocolate cake or Chocolate lava cake or Molten lava cake is one among my baking adventure. It is very simple to make in less time. Less ingredients we use but taste divine.
We can call it like cake like, pudding like mousse like....... B'coz it will be moist at the border but chocolatish, cremish in the middle. This would be perfect when served with vanilla icecream. Warm chocolate cake with cool icecream "Imagine how tasty it would be !!!!!"
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 large egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- Sugar - 1/8 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Flour - 1 tbsp
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Directions to bake :
# Melt the bittersweet chocolate & butter together in microwave.
# Meanwhile beat the egg, egg yolk, sugar, vanilla essence & salt together till creamy & fluffy.
# Sieve the flour & fold them in the egg mixture carefully.
# Pour them in the generously greased baking cups. Plastic wrap & chill them in the refrigerator for 1/2 hr.
# Bake them at 200 C for 10 min.
Serve them with the icecream. Vanilla icecream would be perfect.
1. Bake them for further 2 min for less chocolatish in the middle.
2. Run the knife very carefully to take the cake out. It tends to break easily. Better serve them in the same cup u baked.
3. Topping them with powdered sugar is optional. If u like to do, dust them when the cake is warm.