>> Wednesday, April 1, 2009
- All purpose flour - 2 1/4 cups
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Butter - 1 cup
- Thick buttermilk - 1 cup
- Eggs - 4 nos
- Baking soda - 1 pinch
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Cocoa powder - 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Hot water - 1/3 cup
Directions to bake :
- $ Mix the cocoa powder with the hot water and let it cool.
$ Mix and sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda & set aside.
$ Soften the butter. Add the sugar to it & beat till soft & creamy.
$ Add the eggs one by one to the butter and sugar mix & beat till fluffy and light.
$ Fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture little by little. Alternatively add buttermilk & end by folding the flour mixture
$ Mix the cooled cocoa mix into the cake mix.
$ Immediately transfer to a buttered pan & bake at 180 C / 35o F for an hour or until done.
- 1. I used silicon baking tray for this cake & it came out without any mess and retained its wonderful shape. Always prepare the baking pan first & then start preparing the cake batter.
- 2. Grease the baking pan with butter & flour making sure u remove the excess flour from the pan.
- 3. Preheat the oven before baking.
- 4. Use 8 techinique while folding the flour into the butter mix.
Enjoy this chocolate cake with a cup of tea & say how did u feel ?