>> Sunday, May 31, 2009
Baking is a real fun & interesting. I like watching cooking shows both in TV & internet. One among my fav show is Dhamu's cooking & manjulas kitchen b'coz of the simplicity in the dish.
I tried this eggless pineapple cake from manjulas kitchen which turned out to be the best in my cake collection. The flavour of cardomom powder with the crushed pineapple makes this cake little special & taste unique.
- All purpose flour - 1 1/4 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Condensed milk - 1/2 can (or) 7 oz
- Crushed pineapple (tin) - 1/2 cup
- Pineapple syrup (that comes along with the pineapple in the tin) - 1/2 cup
- Cardomom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Melted butter - 1/2 cup
Directions to bake :
- Strain the syrup from the crushed pineapple & keep aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardomom powder and salt together.
- Combine condensed milk, melted butter, 1/2 cup crushed pineapple & 1/2 cup pineapple syrup together.
- Now, fold the dry ingredients into the above mixture carefully.
- Grease the baking pan preferable 8 * 8 pan & pour the cake mixture.
- Bake them at 325 F for 25 min.
- Brush the warm cake with 2 tsp of pineapple syrup to keep it moisture.
Serve & have fun.