>> Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Everybody will have one special dish to get things done from ur beloved ones. One such dish for me is kari urundai kuzhambu, that's my hubby first fav dish in his list. It taste great with rice & rotis. This is real south indian traditional dish, where most of us dont prefer to do in this busy life. Try this & share ur opinion :)
- Kheema - 400 gms
- Cashews - 13 nos
- Salt to taste
- Cinnamon stick
- Cloves - 3 nos
- Cardomom - 2 nos
- Onion - 2 nos
- Riped Tomato - 1 large or 2 small
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp (adjust according to ur spice level)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coconut paste (I used 1/2 coconut)
- Corriander leaves
Directions to cook :
- # Grind the kheema along with the salt.
- # Make small kheema balls resembling like a golf ball & stuff one cashew in the middle & keep it aside.
- # Heat oil in the heavy bottomed pan, add cinnamon, cloves, cardomom and onion.
- # Saute them for few mins till onion turns golden brown, add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder.
- # Add tomatos, chilly powder & salt to taste.
- # Now arrange the khemma balls inside. Cover & cook for 15 mins, till kheema becomes tender.
- # Add coconut paste & cook for further 10 min.
- # Garnish with corriander leaves.
Enjoy this kuzhambu with rice & rotis.
- While making the kheema balls, gently round them. It becomes harder if u compress them tooo much.
- When u insert the toothpick inside the kheema & if it comes out clean, which means it is cooked & add the coconut paste.