>> Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Vegetable briyani is most popular rice in south India. Though it requires quite a big list of ingredients, its simple to make & taste simply superb.
In most of my busy days, the first comfort dish which hits my mind is this briyani. Its just assembling all the required ingredients & its ready in no matter of time.
Best way to serve this with onion raita & a boiled egg. Person like me prefer having this with potato chips too....
- Basmati rice - 1 cup
- Vegetables - Carrot, beans, capsicum, peas, cauliflower, potato
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Lavang - 3 nos
- Cardomom - 2 nos
- Bay leaf - 1 no
- Ani seed - 1 no
- Other briyani spices (Ur choice)
- 1 large sized onion
- 1 large sized tomato
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves - 1 cup
- Corrainder leaves - 1/2 cup
- Green chilly - 2 nos
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp (As per ur spice level)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Corriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 4 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cashewnuts - 10 nos
- Fried onions - 1/4 cup
- Fried bread pcs
Directions to cook :
- # Clean & fry the basmati rice in the 2 tsp of ghee. Keep it aside.
- # In a heavy bottomed pan (Preferably pressure cooker), heat oil & add all the spices, green chilly & onion. Saute them for 3 min.
- # Add mint leaves, corriander leaves & gingergarlic paste. Saute them for 2 mins.
- # Add the tomatoes & then vegetables. Cook them for 3 mins.
- # Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, corrainder powder & garam masala.
- # Finally add the basmati rice, salt & 1 1/4 cups of water. Cook them till done.
- # Mean while, fry the cashewnuts in the oil or ghee.
- # Cut the bread into small cubes leaving the corner portions & deep fry them in the oil & keep it aside.
- # Once the rice is cooked, mix the cashewnuts, fried onions & bread.
Serve them hot with onion raita.