>> Thursday, April 2, 2009
Chinese cuisine are becoming popular nowdays. We can see n number of chinese restaurants all around. The main speciality is that they cook according to the country spice & taste.
Fried rice is my hubby fav rice. This is very simple to cook & tasty to eat. Especially during the busy days, this dish is handy. The only time consuming in this dish, is cutting the vegetables evenly and equally. But its really worth !!!!
I like adding scrambled eggs in the final stage of my fried rice, which not only enhances the taste but also the flavour. Those who dont want to add eggs, just ignore that step. Few of them like adding tomato sauce, garlic sauce to this, but this version is only with few ingredients. It taste like real chinese fried rice.
- Basmati rice - 1 cup
- Vegetables - 1 cup (carrot, beans, capsicum)
- Green chilly - 3 nos ( adjust according to ur spice level)
- Ajinomoto - a pinch
- Soya sauce - 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Spring onions to garnish.
Directions to cook :
- $ Cook the basmati rice & allow them to cool nicely( I spread them in the plate)
- $ Heat oil in the heavy bottomed pan, add ajinomoto, green chillies and vegetables expect capsicum & fry them this half cooked.
- $ Now add the capsicum & cook for further 3 min.
- $ Add soya sauce & salt.
- $ Add the cooked rice & mix them nicely without any lumps.
- $ In a separate pan, prepare the scrambled eggs with pepper & salt.
- $ Now, mix the scrambled eggs & cook for 2 more min.
- $ Finally garnish them with spring onions.
- 1. Dont overcook the vegetables. It should be little crunchy. (cook 3/4th)
- 2. Instead of eggs, we can also add cooked shredded chicken pcs or any of ur non-veg varieties.
- 3. Try to avoid cooking this dish, if capsicum is out of stock.
- 4. If the fried rice is not spicy, add pepper powder before serving.
Enjoy & share ur experience after u taste this :)