>> Tuesday, August 11, 2009
My hubby likes to start his lunch with the spice podis like paruppu podi, curry leaf podi, sesame podi & even sometimes with idli dosa podi. Especially, during his busy days he prefer to have his lunch outside & in those days curry leaf podi is my handy menu. Amma keeps telling us to eat the curry leaves instead of throwing them away because of its medical value.
I have been planning to make this spicy curry leaf powder for soo long & finally I made it. I sun dried the curry leaves for 2 days instead of dry roasting them in the pan and them grinded with the roasted Indian spices. I like to have this with chapathi, idlis, dosa & rice with a tsp of ghee. Though, it is simple to make yet it taste heavenly :)
- Curry leaves - 2 cups
- Channa dal - 4 tbsp
- Urad dal - 2 tbsp
- Red chillies - 6 - 7 nos (as per ur spice level)
- Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
- Corrainder seeds - 2 tbsp
- Tamarind - size of a litchi
- Methi seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic - 1 pod (Optional)
- A pinch of hing
- Salt to taste
Directions to cook :
# Sun dry the curry leaves till crispy. Otherwise, dry roast the curryleaves for about 5 min. Keep aside.
# Dry roast all the ingredients seperately, as they turn brown at different temperatures. Allow them to cool.
# Combine all the roasted ingredients & grind them finely.
# Store it in a air tight container.
- Continously stir the ingredients while roasting. They turn black very quickly.
- Avoid using oil at any stage for longer use.
The rules for the Kreative blogger award are :
- You must thank the person who has given you the award.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
- Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
7 Things about me :)
- Be happy & make others happy - That's what I try to do :)
- Like to browse & try lotz of new dishes to achieve this month target of increasing my hubby weight to cope up with me.
- I try to be more creative which becomes my dream next day.
- Like to see the giggling childs laugh.
- Like to do window shopping even daily.
- Like to give more surprise to my hubby - Just like that :)
Thanks once again pooja for this wonderful awards & tags :)
The rules are:
Respond and rework – answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, and add one more question of your own. Then tag eight or ten other people.
1) What is your current obsession ? Blogging, cooking & interior decoration.
2) What are you wearing today? Jeans & T-shirt
3) What’s for dinner? Chapathi with chicken curry
4) What’s the last thing you bought? Maybelline compact powder
5) What are you listening to right now? Sweet sound of birds
6) What do you think about the person who tagged you? Soo sweet & talented. Awesome :)
7) If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be? Switzerland
8) What are your must-have pieces for summer? Serviced A/c, umbrella & hair cut.
9) If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Kulumanali, India
10) Which language do you want to learn? German
11) Who do you want to meet right now? My amma & daddy
12) What is your favourite colour? Lavender
13) What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet? Yellow saree (Hubby's first gift)
14) What is your dream job? HR professional
15) What’s your favourite magazine? Femina & Women's Era
16) If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on? Remote controlled miniature Ferrari for my son
17) What do you consider a fashion faux pas ? Impressive
18) Who are your style icons? My hubby
19) Describe your personal style? Simple & homely
20) What are your favourite movies? Maniratnam movies
21) What inspires you? Singing & dancing
22) Give us three styling tips that always work for you? i) Light makeup ii) Matching accessories iii) Smiling face
23) Coffee or tea? Cardamom tea
24) What do you do when you are low or terribly depressed ? Listen music
25) What is the meaning of your name? Happiness
26) Which other blogs you love visiting? All food blogs
27) Favorite Dessert/Sweet? Kaju katli
28) Favorite Season? Autumn
29) Who inspired to start a blog ? My hubby
31) Most important tip for a successful career ? Be smart & patience
My question :
32) Wht is your favourite cuisine ?
I would like to share this awards and tag with.