>> Monday, December 12, 2011
This is a perfect moist eggless chocolate cake with rich and creamy chocolate icing, for the chocolate lovers.
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - 6 tbsp
- Granulated sugar - 3/4 cup
- Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
- Hot coffee - 1/4 cup ( 1 tsp of coffee in 1/4 cup hot water)
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
For Icing :
- Whipping cream - 500 ml
- Powdered sugar to taste (I used arround 5 tbsp)
- Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp (Sieved)
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Glazed cherries for decoration
Direction to bake :
1. Preheat the oven at 170 C and line up the baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Sieve together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & cocoa powder.
3. Mix together the vegetable oil, hotcoffee, milk, yoghurt, vanilla extract & granulated sugar.
4. Combine both dry and wet ingredients on low speed. Bake it for 30 mins or until done. Cool the cake completely.
For Icing :
5. Whisk the whipping cream along with powdered sugar until spreadable consistency and slowly mix the cocoa powder & vanilla essence.
6. Now sandwich the icing between the cake & over the cake. Decorate it with the glazed cherries.