>> Friday, October 7, 2011
Happy Dasera to the viewers. Rice payasam most popular Indian sweet pudding can be served either warm or cold. I make it more rich by reducing the milk to half the quantity and adding nuts to taste. If you want the lighter version you can skip the process of reducing the milk to half and just boil it along with the rice and cook till done. Even condensed milk can be added to the payasam for more taste. Wonderful & delicious sweet perfect for this season.
- Basmati rice - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 4 cups
- Sugar to taste
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Saffron strands - few
- Roasted cashew nuts - 1 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
Direction to cook :
1. Heat ghee in the pan, add rice & fry till light golden brown in color. Allow to cool.
2. Coarsely grind the rice & keep aside.
3. Boil the 4 cups of milk till it becomes 2 1/2 cup. Add the rice & cook.
4. Add the sugar, cardamom powder, roasted nuts & saffron strands.
Serve warm or cold.