>> Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Most comfort & involves less time to make this simple and delicious red rice roti. Very healthy & heavy good for kids. It taste extremly awesome when served with spicy tomato chutney. Good way to make use of red rice flour apart from making puttu. My entire family is the great fan for this simple dish.
- Red Rice Flour - 1 cup
- Grated vegetables (Carrot, cucumber) - 1 cup
- Chopped onion - 1 no
- Green chillies - 2 nos
- Coarsely grounded peanut - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Corriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Channa dal - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Direction to cook :
1. Combine together rice flour, grated vegetables, onion, green chillies, curry leaves, corriander leaves, peanut powder, channa dal & salt to taste.
2. Knead the dough without using water.
3. Divide the dough into equal parts & roll them into circle. (I use my palm).
4. Meanwhile heat the pan, apply oil and cook the roti on either side till done.
Serve with tomato chutney.