>> Tuesday, August 3, 2010
My comfort dish & the best way of adding the vegetable intake in the daily routine. Very quick & simple to make. I use store bought coconut milk for this preparation, so I diluted the thick milk to thin consistency by adding little water to it. Green chillies brings the spicy taste to the dish. I like to serve it with raita & kuruma. Any kind of seasonal vegetables can be used for this dish. It taste yum :)
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Cloves - 3 nos
- Cardamom - 2 no
- Bay leaf - 1 no
- Onion - 2 nos
- Green chillies - 4 to 5 nos
- Mint leaves - 1/4 cup
- Corriander leaves - 1/4 cup
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Vegetables (Carrot, beans, cauliflower, potato, green peas) - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coconut milk - 11/2 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Cashewnuts (roasted) for garnishing
Direction to cook :
1. Heat 1 tbsp of ghee & roast the basmati rice slightly. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the heavy bottomed pan, add cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf, green chillies & chopped onions. Saute till tender.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, mint leaves & corriander leaves.
4. Add chopped vegetables & salt to taste. Cook till tender.
5. Add coconut milk, lemon juice & the basmati rice. Cook till done.
6. Garnish with roasted cashewnuts.
Serve with raita.