>> Monday, August 16, 2010
Channa masala is most popular street Indian food. Each of us have our own version of cooking this spicy & hot curry. I learnt this from my amma & I am sure it will taste simply delicious. Chickpeas are pressure cooked first & then mixed with spicy masala. This can be served with rotis, dosa & puris. Any leftovers can be used for making chat with samosas or papadis. Best way to serve the evening snacks little rich & protein.
- Chickpeas - 1/2 cup (Soaked in water overnight)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds (saunf) - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 large sized
- Potato - 1 no
- Tomatoes - 2 small sized
- Grated ginger - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 nos
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Corriander powder - 1 tsp
- Channa masala (I used MTR) - 2 tsp (to taste)
- A pinch of hing
- Dried Kasturi methi - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Corriander leaves for garnishing
Direction to cook :
1. Pressure cook the soaked chickpeas in the salted water. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add fennel seeds & finely chopped onions. Saute till tender.
3. Add green chillies, cut potato, grated ginger, salt to taste & finely chopped riped tomatoes. Saute it.
4. Add a pinch of hing, turmeric powder, chilly powder, corriander powder & channa masala powder. Cook till done.
5. Add boiled chick peas & kasturi methi leaves. Adjust the salt.
6. Garnish it with corriander leaves.
Serve with puris.