>> Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Yesterday, my man came little early from work & that was the biggest surprise in this year beginning. He asked me for something spicy & crispy snack along with tea. Immediately, I started turning my cooking diary & finally ended up in making this crispy & spick aval mixture. It just took 15 mins to make & it was the best evening yesterday :)
- Thin Aval / Poha - 1 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Channa dal - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 5 to 6 nos
- Chilly powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Fried groundnut - 1 tbsp
- Fried cahewnuts
- Fried chana dal / Pottukadalai - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 1/2 tsp
- Coconut grated / Dessicated coconut powder - 1 tsp
Direction to cook :
# Heat oil in the frying pan, add cumin seeds, channa dal, green chillies & curry leaves.
# Then add fried chana dal & aval. Fry till crispy.