>> Tuesday, November 1, 2011
One of my favourite snack from my childhood days. I love to have it either sweet or savoury kind. And this time I made savoury which serves as a perfect snack for the kids. It's crunchy & tasty :)
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Sesame seeds (optional) - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp plus for frying
- Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Water for kneading
Direction to cook :
1. Mix together the flour, salt, sesame seeds, red chilly powder & hot 1 tbsp oil. Knead the dough & keep aside.
2. Meanwhile heat the oil in the deep frying pan. Divide the dough into equal balls.
3. Roll the dough like chapathi (or like CD) & cut them like a diamond shape using the sharp knife or pizza cutter.
4. Fry the diamond cuts in the oil till crispy and light golden brown in color.
5. Store it in the air tight container for longer use.
Enjoy the snacks:)