>> Sunday, May 22, 2011
Kuzhi paniyaram is the most popular chettinad food served with hot and spicy chutneys. I make this dish very rarely as it consumes more oil in the preparation. Adding more vegetables, greens & lentils makes this dish little nutricious to the kids. "Best dish for those who wants to gain weight" but it taste simply superb.
- Dosa / Idly batter - 2 cups
- Finely chopped onion - 1 no
- Green chillies -2 to 3 nos
- Finely grated carrot - 1 small sized
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Coconut pieces - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp and for greasing the paniyaram mould
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Corrainder leaves - 1tsp
- Salt to taste
Direction to cook :
1. Heat a tsp of oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal & curry leaves. Add finely chopped onion & green chillies. Saute till tender.
2. To the dosa / idly batter, add the above seasonings. And add the grated carrot, coconut pices, corriander leaves & salt to taste.
3. Heat the paniyaram mould & grease it with oil. Pour the batter in the each mould & cook on either side till golden brown in color.
Serve warm with spicy chutney.