>> Monday, April 4, 2011
Naan is the India flat bread traditionally cooked in the oven. But this variation is made directly in the tawa/pan which taste really delicious & soft. Perfect way to serve this naan is with spicy curry. Very tasty :)
- All purpose flour - 4 cups
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Egg - 1 no
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 5 tbsp
- Onion seeds - 1 tsp (optional)
- Butter for brushing
Direction to cook :
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt & onion seeds. Make a well in the middle.
2. In a another bowl, mix and whisk together milk, egg, oil & sugar. Pour it into the flour mixure & knead the dough softly. Add water if necessary. Apply some oil arround the dough.
3. Cover the dough with damp cloth for half an hour. Now knead the dough again & cover and leave for one hour.
4. Divide the dough to equal sized balls and roll them to circles. Meanwhile heat the pan, now cook the naan on either side till golden brown spots appears randomly.
5. Before serving brush some melted butter over the naan.
Serve with hot curry.