>> Friday, May 27, 2011
Raita the most popular south Indian dip can be made in different variations. This is simple & easy way of making raita just with onion & tomato as the main ingredients. Addition of grounded coconut spicy paste adds the flavour & taste simply delicious. Perfect side dish for biryani & I served it with chicken biryani this weekend.
- Curd - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 no (Finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1/2 no (chopped)
- Mint leaves - 1/4 cup ( Finely chopped)
- Corriander leaves - 1 tbsp (Finely chopped)
- Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Green chillies to spice
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
- Salt to taste
Direction to cook :
1. Grind together the coconut, cumin seeds & green chillies.
2. Combine all the ingredients together along with the grounded masala. Adjust the salt to taste.
Sprinkle the chaat masala & serve it with biryani.