>> Sunday, May 30, 2010
Basundi is my DH favourite sweet. He likes to have this as a dessert after his meal. Sometimes, I like to serve it in earthenware pots. Any kind of nuts can be used & it taste simply delicious. This needs to be cooked on low flame & it takes little longer time. Perfect dessert to host the prepared guest.
- Milk - 1 litre
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Saffron (optional) - a pinch
- Nuts (almonds / cashewnuts / pista) - 1/4 cup
Direction to cook :
1. Bring the milk to boil in a non-stick pan & simmer it till it get reduced to half.
2. Add sugar & cook for some more time till it gets thickened.
3. Add cardamom powder, saffron & switch off the flame.
4. Allow it to cool. Garnish it with the chopped nuts.
MY AWARD TIME
Maya & lakshmi of Yummy o Yummy tagged me this award where in I need to post my favourite pic. Thanks a lot, U made my day :)
My little prince
Thank you again & I would like to share this with Priya, PranisKitchen, Nitha, Sushma Mallya & Suja Sugathan.