>> Tuesday, May 25, 2010
This is my first attempt of making this delicious kaju katli. It was 100% perfect & just tasted like store bought sweet. Even cardamom powder instead of saffron for unique flavour. Very simple & quick indian sweet yet delicious.
- Cashewnuts - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cups
- A pinch of saffron (optional)
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Silver leaves (optional) - for decorating
Direction to cook :
1. Grind the cashewnuts to powder form.
2. In a heavy bottomed pan, combine the sugar & water. Allow it to boil till you get one-string consistency. Add saffron at this time (optional).
3. At this point, add the cashew powder, ghee & keep stirring until you get the soft dough.
4. Grease the plate & spread the dough. Spread the dough using rolling pin to the desired thickness.
5. Finally, spread the silver leaves & cut them in the desired shape.