>> Thursday, May 13, 2010
Fish fry is my all time favourite side dish with sambar rice. Sometimes, it becomes my main course as well. I cant resist myself from tasting it immediately once cooked. Any kind of fish can be used for this preparation. Proportion of black peppercorns & chilly powder is adjusted according to the taste. I like hot & spicy dishes. And this is the perfect dish during my stressed weekdays. Trust me it taste simply superb :)
- Sankara meen (Red snapper fish) - 6 slices
- Onion - 4 nos
- Curry leaves - hanful
- Black peppercorns - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp (as per ur taste)
- Tamarind pulp (thick) - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Finely chopped corriander leaves for garnishing
1. Grind the onions, curry leaves, black peppercorns & salt together to smooth paste.
2. Add tamarind pulp, red chilly powder & turmeric powder to the ground onion paste.
3. Clean & marinate the sliced fishes in the onion mixture for atleast one hour.
4. Heat the pan & shallow fry the fishes on low flame on all sides.