>> Monday, May 17, 2010
Pineapple kesari is most popular & easy to make indian sweets. Perfect dessert for kids & hosting surprise guests. Addition of pineapple & essence gives more flavour & taste to the sweet. Its my all time favourite. Sometimes i make this even without the pineapple chunks, yet it taste great.
- Rava / sooji / semolina - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup (or 1/2 cup)
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Nuts (Cashewnuts, raisins, almonds) - 1/4 cup
- Pineapple essence - 1/2 tsp
- Chopped pineapple (either fresh or canned) - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - a pinch (optional)
- Water - 1 1/2 cups
Direction to cook :
1. Heat ghee in the frying pan, add the nuts & roast the rava till light golden brown in color.
2. Add sugar & continue roasting for 2 more mins.
3. Meanwhile, warm the water & add it to the roasted rava. Add pineapple essence & chopped pineapples. Cover & cook till done.
4. Finally, add cardamon powder. Sprinkle some nuts & serve.