>> Thursday, October 14, 2010
I bought some raw mangoes last week. This time, I wanna to try something new but sweet. And, finally found some recipes with little modification my dish turned out really superb. Sweet jaggery, sour mango with a pinch of cinnamon tasted delicious. I had this with curd rice, rotis & with bread as well.
- Sour raw mango - 1 no
- Jaggery to taste ( I used little more than 1/2 cup)
- Water to cook the mango
- Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
Direction to cook :
1. Peel the skin of mango & cut them into cubes.
2. Cover & boil the mango in the water till done.
3. Add jaggery powder & cook for 5 more mins on medium flame.
4. Finally, add cinnamon powder (or cardamom powder / cloves) & cook till the sauce is thick.
Serve it warm or cold.