>> Friday, July 23, 2010
Simple & easy dessert perfect for kids. I made strawberry flavoured jelly & microwave vanilla custard. Taste & texture is perfect. Even fruits can be served along with the jelly custard or just fruits & custard. To me jelly custard is the comfort dessert & can eat anytime of the day. Quick & contains protein & calcium.
- Egg yolks - 2
- Cornflour - 1 heaped tbsp
- Milk - 2 cups
- Castor sugar - 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Instant jelly mix - 1 packet
Direction to cook :
1. Follow the instruction as given & prepare the jelly. Refrigerate it.
2. Whisk the egg yolks & cornflour to a smooth paste with little milk.
3. Place the remaining milk & sugar in a separate microwave bowl. Heat the milk until it boils.
4. Remove from microwave & add egg yolk mixture to the milk.
5. Whisk until thick & add vanilla essence to taste. Refrigerate it.
Serve the jelly with the homemade custard.