>> Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Almond kulfi is not truly an ice cream, but simply a frozen dessert made in molds or even ice cube trays. It is normally served in the earthenware pots. Very easy to make at home without ice cream maker. Any kind of nuts can be used for this preparation. Perfect dessert for the party & everybody will love this.
- Milk - 4 cups + 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 3/4 to 1 cup
- Almond flakes - 1/2 cup (coarsely grind them with 1 tbsp of milk)
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cornflour - 2 tsp
- Bread slice - 1 no (remove the brown crust part)
- A pinch of saffron
Direction to cook :
1. Heat the heavy bottomed pan on the medium flame. Add milk & reduce it to half approx. 2 cups. Add sugar while reducing milk. Stir continuously, to avoid milk sticking in the bottom.
2. Take 2 tbsp cold milk in the bowl, add 2 tsp corn flour & bread pieces. Grind them to smooth paste. Mix well & add it in the boiling milk. Milk will start thickening.