>> Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Amma cooks chicken & sea food varieties. Very rarely, I had mutton dishes before marriage. My husband likes to taste all kinds of non-veg dishes & I gradually started cooking these dishes. This is one among his favourite dishes. It will taste great with sambar rice & perfect for heavy snacks. Very crispy & soft inside. I make it often nowdays, bcoz its now my favourite too :)
- Mutton kheema (Minced meat) - 250 gms
- Green chillies - 4 nos
- Ginger piece - 1 inch
- Garlic pods - 3 nos
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Pottukadalai (split roasted gram dal) - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 1 no
- Egg - 1 no
- Corriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Direction to cook :
1. Pressure cook the mutton kheema, green chillies, ginger piece, garlic & turmeric.
2. Once cooled, coarsely grind them along with the pottukadalai & fennel seeds.
3. Now mix the chopped onions, salt, egg & chopped corriander leaves to the mixture.
4. Heat oil in the deep frying pan, take a dollop of batter & shape them like a disc. Deep fry them on medium flame till golden brown & crispy on either sides.
Serve immediately with ketchup.
Thanks yummy team for passing me the bunches of awards. I am honoured to receive this from you.