>> Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Aval upma is my hubby's favourite breakfast menu. Very simple to make & taste great. I like to serve this dish with coconut chutney. Only during weekends, I like to cook exclusive south indian dishes from day beginning to end. Every time, I plan to wake little early to make really perfect breakfast varieties. But I finally end up in the simple & easy dishes... !!! it will be almost the lunch time :)
- Aval - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 no
- Green chillies - 4 nos
- Curry leaves - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Dessicated coconut / freshly grated coconut - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
Direction to cook :
1. Soak aval in the water for 3 mins. Drain & keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal. Once crackle, add finely chopped onions, green chillies & curry leaves. Saute till tender.
3. Add the drained aval & salt to taste. Cover & cook on low flame till done.
4. Add the grated / dessicated coconut & stir for 2 more mins.