>> Wednesday, January 25, 2012
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - 1/3 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Vinegar - 1/2 tbsp
- Egg - 1 no
- Vegetable oil - 1/4 cup
- Strong coffee - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- Cherries - 1 can ( drain the cherries & retain the syrup)
- Whipping cream - 1 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Powdered sugar (Icing sugar) - 1 tbsp
- Chocolate flakes & glaced cherries for decoration
1. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Grease & line up the baking pan with the parchment paper.
2. Mix together the milk & vinegar & set aside.
3. Sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
4. In a another bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, coffee & vanilla essence.
5. Stir in the milk mixture & then the flour mixture gently. Pour the batter in the prepared pan & bake it for 30 mins or until done. Allow it to cool completely.
6. Cut the cake horizantally & brush the first half with the syrup preserved.
For the whipping cream :
7. Beat together the whipping cream, vanilla essence & powdered sugar until soft peaks.
8. Now spread the cream between the layer, sides & over the cake.
9. Finally, decorate the cake with the chocolate flakes & glaced cherries.
10. Refrigerate the cake for atleast one hour before serving.