>> Sunday, March 6, 2011
Most of the days, I will be running out of time in the mornings. Rice being the stable food at home, has its different ways to serve. To make it more healthy, we try to add vegetables & present it more nutritious. Addition of chick peas & potato makes the dish really tasty & quick to make. I like to serve it with onion raita or with pakoda. Its optional to use pulav masala for this dish. Fried bread pieces can be used for garnishing. It taste yum !!!
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Chick peas - 1/2 cup (Soaked in water overnight)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1 no
- Cloves - 3 nos
- Cardamom - 1 no
- Bay leaf - 1 no
- Onion (sliced lengthwise) - 1/4 cup
- Potato - 1 large sized
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp (to spice)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
- Pulav masala - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Corriander leaves & roasted cashewnuts for garnishing
Direction to Cook :
1. Heat oil in the pressure cooker, add cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf & sliced onions. Saute till tender.
2. Add cubed potatoes, turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt to taste & basmati rice. Saute it well until aromatic and the rice becomes translucent.
3. Drain & add the chick peas, lemon juice, pulav masala, water & little corriander leaves. Pressure cook it till done.
4. Garnish it with corriander leaves & roasted cashew nuts.
Serve it warm.