>> Saturday, January 29, 2011
I m back after a long uninformed break with sweet wheat flour balls, perfect for weekend breakfast. When it comes to weekend cooking, I will be bit slow in cooking & finally, it will arround 3 when we have our lunch. So, I prefer to cook something very heavy for the breakfast.
Very healthy & heavy perfect for kids. Addition of cardamom powder & nuts are totally optional but I would recommend it for ultimate taste. This dish needs to be served immediately otherwise it will become hard & difficult to eat.
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Jaggery - 3/4 to 1 cup (Depending on ur sweet)
- Water - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cashew nuts (Roasted) - 1 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
Direction to Cook :
1. Dry roast the wheat flour till light brown in color.
2. Melt the jaggery in water over low flame & filter it.
3. Bring the dissolved jaggery water to boil & add the roasted wheat flour in the middle of the pan. Do not stir it.
4. Over a low flame, allow the wheat flour to cook & finally mix it together till u get the required consistency.
5. Add the cardamom powder & roasted nuts. Switch off the flame.
6. Apply some ghee in the palm & make little balls.