>> Saturday, October 22, 2011
This is my favourite sweet from my childhood. And this is one of my sweet dish which I often make during the festival season. This is healthy & good for kids, as it contains semolina, nuts, ghee & milk. Good way of starting the festival celebration with this delicious sweets :)
- Semolina / Rava - 1 cup
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cashewnuts, raisins, others - 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
Direction to make :
1. Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in the pan and roast the semolina till light brown in color.
2. Add sugar & mix it well over the low flame.
3. Add roasted nuts, cardamom powder & mix well.
4. Slowly add the milk and water, mix well & switch off the flame. Allow the rava mixture to cool slightly.