>> Thursday, September 29, 2011
I'm back with most comfort and excited dish which plays more prominant role in my kitchen every lazy days. Fresh corriander leaves are used for this preparation and grinded along with the spices. This can be refrigerated for a week or more. Add a proportionate measure of kothamalli thokku to the rice and mix well- It taste simply delicious. Can serve with dosai and idly too.
- Corriander leaves - 1 bunch
- Tamarind - lime sized
- Black gram (urad dal) - 1 tbsp
- Jaggery - 1 tsp
- Chilly powder to spice
- Salt to taste
- Gingilli oil
Direction to cook :
1. Dry roast the urad dal. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add corriander leaves and salt to taste. Allow to cool.
3. Grind together the corriander leaves and urad dal together to smooth paste.
4. Heat oil in the pan, add the grounded paste, tamarind juice, red chilly powder, filtered jaggery water & cook over the low heat till oil seperates.
Serve it with rice, idly and dosai.